I have never been able to enjoy a single event I have organized. I always check everything is fine and help where needed, so I never sit down.
However, I would not change this for anything. Doing these things, I have met marvelous people. I have learnt a lot; from me, from others, and from the experiences. I have not been directly involved as an organized in the last three years (I decided to focus on my professional career). However, I have collaborated when asked. For example, in the organization of the two latter editions of the National Biotechnology Week in Spain.
Some example of the events I have leadered:
III Biotechnology Week
The III Biotechnology Week, sponsored by the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology, dependant of the Ministery of Economy and Competivity; the University of Salamanca, the Spanish Federation of Vegetal Physiology and the Spanish–Portuguese Agricultural Research Institute, it was one of the most important Biotech popularization events organized for 2014, Spanish National Year of Biotechnology. As the Project Manager, I leadered a team of more than 50 people for its realization. Our approach was holistic, looking to get close to all segments of Society. It had an impact of about 5.000 people.
- Exposition and popularization workshops “Meet Biotechnology”, located on a tent of 100 m2 in one of the main points of the city. More than half hundred A3 posters, exhibition materials and eight popularization workshops.
- ShareBiotec: It comprises several initiatives focused to bring Biotechnology to Society.
- Biomeetings: Focused on Schools, Highschools, Day Centres for the Elderly, and Centres for disabled persons, with specific content for each one.
- With Science, Tea. Simple and entertaining talks about different concepts and utilities related to Biotechnology which are given in an casual environment, a cafeteria, accessible to all.
- Biolingua: Introductory talks given incollaboration with the Official School of Languages of Salamanca in Spanish, French, German, English and Italian.
- Online material:
- Virtual visit to the tent.
- Web browser/s games
- Special focus on Social Networks.